Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timer thread for skybird9

Status
Not open for further replies.

kchriste

Forum Supporter
Since I can't add attachments to a PM:
skybird9 said:
You helped a guy with a Vellman MK111 problem a couple of years ago. He wanted to turn on an LED for 8 seconds and not have it come back on. I have the opposite problem. I want to push a button, wait 20 seconds and then close the relay for 1 second and stop until I push the button again. Basically, I want to blow a (12v DC) horn (1 second blast) 20 seconds after I start the timer. I haven't bought anything yet. If there is something better that you could recommend, I would appreciate your advice. Thanks!

The MK111 would be the wrong kit for that. You need something with two timers or a dual (LM556) timer. Something like this might work for you:
**broken link removed**
You'll have to change the leftmost 22uf cap to a 470uF one to get apx 25 seconds. If you replace the leftmost 47K resistor with a 50K pot, you can fine tune it to 20 seconds. Like this:
555delay-gif.22049

Attachments

• 555delay.gif
    555delay.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back