Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timer reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlt57sooner

I have set up the 555 timer to create a 40 KHz signal, now I would like to send out the 40 kHz signal in 100 microsecond bursts. I have set up my microprossor to turn the 555 on for 100 microseconds then turn it back off for 100 microseconds and back on and so forth. I have tried connecting the microprossor to the reset pin of the 555 but the signal does not come out very clean. The pulses seem to run together. When I just connect the microprossesor to the power so that it turns the chip on and off you can see the pulses on the scope but I know this is not a good way to create the signal. Any ideas why the reset pin doesnt generate good visible pulses?

Why do you need a 555? I assume you want more output drive than the microprocessor can provide.

Rather than use the reset pin, you could just connect the microprocessor to the Trigger pin. Note that this will invert the signal.

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back