Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timer question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I have another question on my circuit.

I currently have 2 555 timer chips wired in bistable for a latch. Basicly Im making a homemade fire alarm control panel and I want 2 zones.

I have a pull station wired up to the the trigger and ground of one of the 555 chips. Another pull station wired the same way to the other 555 chip. I also have a red led wired to each of the 555 chips, so whatever pull is activated, it will activate one of the leds, while the other remains off.

My problem is:

When I connect the strobe to the output of one of the 555 chips and the other to ground and connect the same strobe also to the other 555 timer chip, (so when any of the chips is activated, the all strobes go off.) But it does not reset if the same strobe is connected to both chips. Instead all leds shine when its activated and i hit reset and the leds dim, but both stay on.

How could i do this? and whats wrong.

Chris.

Which circuit?

Please post a schematic.

Aren't there already a couple of threads about this?

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back