Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timer question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I am making a homemade fire alarm control panel.

I currently have a 160 in one electronic kit with a external breadboard. I am using the relay built on the kit to create a latch so when i pull the alarm i have to reset the pull box and then hit another button before it resets.

I also have a 555 timer and I am able to wire it up in astable mode so an led flashes.

But now I want to connect my 555 timer to my relay. So when I pull the alarm, the bell rings on and off, not continuous.

My bell and strobe is currently connected to the relay. I am unsure how to do this but have been told its possible. I also have resisters, capaciters etc..

If someone can give me some instructions as detailed as possible that would really help me out. Not to be rude, but I am still learning how to read schmatics, so if you could give written instructions along with the schematic if u send one that would be very helpfull.

Thanks.

Chris.

just use one of the relay contacts as a hold contact

you put the contact parrallel over the swiching contact in the shematic

Robert-jan

Attachments

• TMP4.JPG
    TMP4.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads