Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timer IC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixSS

Hi.

I am trying to create a mini signal generator using 555 timer IC.

I created the circuit using

C1 = 10e-6
R1 = 1000 Ω
R2 = 5400 ~ 55400 Ω ( I varied the R2 by adding a series of 2200Ω, 2200Ω, 1000Ω resistors and one 50000Ω potentiometer

From what I know the output voltage of the system should yield 2/3 the Vcc.

Since I am using 9V battery, it should yield ~ 6 volts. However, I am only getting around 4V. Please let me know what I can do to maximize the output voltage.

Thanks in advance!

PS. also I know that input voltage is 4.5 V ~ 15V for IC timer. What would happen if I input 2 9V batteries and provide 18V in series?

hi,
Is the 555 a TTL or CMOS type.?
What do you have connected to pin #3 of the 555.?
Dont apply 18V as a supply.

From what I know the output voltage of the system should yield 2/3 the Vcc.

No the output should be almost Vcc. What circuit are you using? What voltage do you need?

I'll bet he is trying to take the sawtooth output across the timing capacitor. That will be only 1/3 of Vcc peak to peak. The square wave at pin 3 will be about 8Vpp (into a high Z load) when Vcc=9V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back