Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timer delay and relay latch question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I need help with my circuit. I have used a 555 timer to create a time delay before activating a relay. That is all fine, But I also created a relay latch. (When relay is activated, even if u reset the activation switch, the output remains on such as an led, until a second button is pressed to reset the circuit.

Im having trouble comining them. I can make the delay, and the latch, but they need to work together.

Heres what i want the conclusion result to be.

1) When a switch is activated: the 555 timer waits 3 seconds and then activates the relay.

2) When the relay activates, the activation switch must be reset, however in order to reset the circuit and shut off the relays output, another switch must be pressed.

If you could give me some help on doing this that would be great.

I think this with do the job for you. The relay will stay energized until the N/C push button is depressed then the relay will deenergize. See attached diagram.

Attachments

• latching relay.JPG
    latching relay.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,128
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back