Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 (stroboscope) question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsAmE

Draw a circuit diagram of a stroboscope using a 555 and a group of 6 LEDs. It should run from a 9V supply. The pulse repetition frequency should be adjustable over a 10:1 range using a variable resistor (padded with a fixed resistor in series). The pulse width should also be adjustable. Component values need not be given.

I dont understand the part in bold. What is the pulse repetition frequency and what is the ratio 10:1 between? I understand the part about the pulse width being adjustable (you would at a potentiometer to pin 5 in order to change it).

Draw a circuit diagram of a stroboscope using a 555 and a group of 6 LEDs. It should run from a 9V supply. The pulse repetition frequency should be adjustable over a 10:1 range using a variable resistor (padded with a fixed resistor in series). The pulse width should also be adjustable. Component values need not be given.

I dont understand the part in bold. What is the pulse repetition frequency and what is the ratio 10:1 between? I understand the part about the pulse width being adjustable (you would at a potentiometer to pin 5 in order to change it).

hi,
Look at this Blog link.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/blogs/ericgibbs/125-simple-7555-cmos-timer-calculator-v1-2.html

The PRF is the frequency of the 555 output, 10:1 means adjustable from, Freq out to Freq out * 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back