Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 schmitt trigger problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviram87

my idea was to build a schmitt trigger circuit to convert the output signal i got from one of my designs to a clean square wave....

i used a 555 timer for this purpose... and used the schematic that i have attached below...

however this design works only when the input signal has a frequency of above 500 hz...

one of my circuit design gives me a 8 - 10 Hz output that resembles a sinusoid.. i want to convert this to a clean square wave... how can i acheive this?

Attachments

• 555-SchmittTrigger.gif
    555-SchmittTrigger.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 913
EDIT: Later suggestion worked :)

Last edited:
Increase the input capacitor value to 1uF or more.

Last edited:
oh.... thats awesome.... :)

its working fine now.... thanks.... :) i increased the input capacitance value to 1uF.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back