Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 One shot's output doesn't stop when using relay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaG

I'm using a RF Reciever to trigger a 555 one shot. The trigger input for the 555 timer is attached to the collector of a 2N3904 transistor. When the RF Reciever sends a +5v pulse to the base of the transistor, the collector voltage drops and triggers the 555 timing cycle.

This works fine with like a led attached to the 555's output and only stays on for the duration i intended. When i attached a 12v/30amp mechanical SPDT relay, like an automotive style piece, the output pluse exceeds the pre set duration and never goes off.

Only seems to do this with the mechanical relay. I'm using a 1N4001 diode across the relay's coil for flyback protection.

The 555 output voltage is about 9 volts.
Whats the deal?

I'm bascially trying to make a remote control relay that stays on for X seconds when the reciever gets a signal. I will need to use a 12v/10-30 amp relay

Post your circuit as there are many ways to configure the monostable. You are most probably getting some interference causing the device to re-trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back