Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 monostable w/ post-output pulse trigger lockout issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboybob

Most Helpful Member
See attached below:

555 One shot latched.JPG

This circuit, after power-up, works fine (in the TINA SIM) with a PB switch trigger resulting in the charging of C1 which initially draws down the trigger input to ground, and then a timed output pulse. Any subsequent trigger(s), well after the end of the output pulse, are ignored (since C1 retains its charge, holding trigger high). Re-setting the simulation resets cap charges back to zero.

On my breadboard tests (with a discharged C1), the circuit acts as in the SIM. When I remove power and then re-power the circuit, however, C1 still retains its charge and, as a result, grounding C1 won't trigger the circuit and no output pulse is generated.

If I short C1 (manually) while in power-down, then repower the circuit, it behaves as it should.

I've tried various resistive discharge arrangements but, as I expected, that didn't work.

Is there a circuit mod that will fully discharge C1 at power down without something mechanical (i.e., relay contacts released into their NC state, thereby shorting C1 at power-down, for instance)?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

CBB

Last edited:
Add a pull-up (my R3). Make (my) C5 much smaller. Add D2 to prevent the Trig pin from being driven positive when the PB turns off.

Attachments

• D28b.jpg
    D28b.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 194
Mike,

Thanks for responding.

I'll give it a shot in the AM.

CBB

Tháo dỡ, bảo dưỡng, lắp đặt điều hòa giá rẻ nhất Hà Nội.

Liên hê để được báo giá tốt nhất. (không rẻ không lấy tiền)

Hotline: Mr Phương: 0904785139

Troll alert, Admin!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back