555 monostable w/ post-output pulse trigger lockout issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboybob

Most Helpful Member
See attached below:

This circuit, after power-up, works fine (in the TINA SIM) with a PB switch trigger resulting in the charging of C1 which initially draws down the trigger input to ground, and then a timed output pulse. Any subsequent trigger(s), well after the end of the output pulse, are ignored (since C1 retains its charge, holding trigger high). Re-setting the simulation resets cap charges back to zero.

On my breadboard tests (with a discharged C1), the circuit acts as in the SIM. When I remove power and then re-power the circuit, however, C1 still retains its charge and, as a result, grounding C1 won't trigger the circuit and no output pulse is generated.

If I short C1 (manually) while in power-down, then repower the circuit, it behaves as it should.

I've tried various resistive discharge arrangements but, as I expected, that didn't work.

Is there a circuit mod that will fully discharge C1 at power down without something mechanical (i.e., relay contacts released into their NC state, thereby shorting C1 at power-down, for instance)?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

CBB

Last edited:
Add a pull-up (my R3). Make (my) C5 much smaller. Add D2 to prevent the Trig pin from being driven positive when the PB turns off.

Attachments

• D28b.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 196
Tháo dỡ, bảo dưỡng, lắp đặt điều hòa giá rẻ nhất Hà Nội.

Liên hê để được báo giá tốt nhất. (không rẻ không lấy tiền)

Hotline: Mr Phương: 0904785139

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…