Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 delay timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitardenver

I am in need of a 555 timer that when I apply current to it, it will wait for 1min 30 sec or up to 30 min. The out put after the time needs to power a light and a relay. This is just one part of a big circuit that I built.

I Just resently learned how to use the 555 in astable to have a light flash to the designated hrz. I want this to turn on after a min or two. Could you provide a circuit and the math to determin the R's and C's for the 555 delay circuit. I am new to the electronic world so simplicity is key.

Thanks

90 seconds should be easy, 30 minutes isn't practical for a 555.

Don't expect great accuracy, don't be surprised if your 90 second delay is anywhere in between 70s and 110s.

Cool could you explain how to wire the 555, and the math? And how much of a delay could I get out of a 555? Diagram would be nice but anything you want to do would be just fine.

Last edited:
I think the diagram in Fig.12 on that page should do you...

And the math is all there too, or you can just experiment with changing the values of R1 and R2 - its pretty obvious...

Now after the dalay I want a constant output of the time ended. I do not want it to start to count down again, if it does I don't know?

You need a monostable circuit.
**broken link removed**

Awsome thanks guys I can do what I want to know. But one more thing. I still need a 30min timer. The most I can get is 20 min maybe according to the math and thats with two 555's. what would be a good timer that would get up to 30min?

Also whats a good free circuite makeing software?

Last edited:
No, that's no good, it's much worse than a 555.

Did you follow the link in my previous post?

**broken link removed**

See the link for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back