Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

50W HPLED studio light w/ CPU fans..

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvardan

Hi this is my first post in Electro Tech,
I'm looking for some help in making a continuous studio light with 50W LEDs, I know there are some LED drivers that can be used, but then it requires seperate power supply for heat management(e.g if im using a CPU fan or so).
Since i need the light to be portable I'm looking forward to build a power supply that can produce 30V, 1.6A power for LED and the required power for the CPU fan.
I came across several variable voltage power supplies, but they seem to be a bit complex.. Does anyone have any reference for a good fixed voltage/current power supply, also any idea about the power requirements for a typical CPU fan ( how do i find it??)..

You haven't said how long you want this to work but, you could use (3) 12 volt batteries to get 36 volts and use a resistor of size 4 ohms, 20 watts to get about 1.5 amps. That gets rid of the "complex" part. You can buy 12 volt fans and attach one across any battery.

That's about as simple as I can think.

Hi this is my first post in Electro Tech,
I'm looking for some help in making a continuous studio light with 50W LEDs, I know there are some LED drivers that can be used, but then it requires seperate power supply for heat management(e.g if im using a CPU fan or so).
Since i need the light to be portable I'm looking forward to build a power supply that can produce 30V, 1.6A power for LED and the required power for the CPU fan.
I came across several variable voltage power supplies, but they seem to be a bit complex.. Does anyone have any reference for a good fixed voltage/current power supply, also any idea about the power requirements for a typical CPU fan ( how do i find it??)..

What is your target? 50W is deceptive. you need to know total lumens NOT power. with 5mm LEDs you might get only 3Lm/W for the expensive ones. For lighting class LEDs i have seen 100Lm/W at 10W, but for life and cooling load they should only be run at 1.5-2A not 3A (meaning they would not be putting out the 1000Lm they would at 3A)

i can give you SOUND advice as to how to make them but you are not going to do well saying you want a 50W LED lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back