50W HPLED studio light w/ CPU fans..

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvardan

Hi this is my first post in Electro Tech,
I'm looking for some help in making a continuous studio light with 50W LEDs, I know there are some LED drivers that can be used, but then it requires seperate power supply for heat management(e.g if im using a CPU fan or so).
Since i need the light to be portable I'm looking forward to build a power supply that can produce 30V, 1.6A power for LED and the required power for the CPU fan.
I came across several variable voltage power supplies, but they seem to be a bit complex.. Does anyone have any reference for a good fixed voltage/current power supply, also any idea about the power requirements for a typical CPU fan ( how do i find it??)..

You haven't said how long you want this to work but, you could use (3) 12 volt batteries to get 36 volts and use a resistor of size 4 ohms, 20 watts to get about 1.5 amps. That gets rid of the "complex" part. You can buy 12 volt fans and attach one across any battery.

That's about as simple as I can think.

What is your target? 50W is deceptive. you need to know total lumens NOT power. with 5mm LEDs you might get only 3Lm/W for the expensive ones. For lighting class LEDs i have seen 100Lm/W at 10W, but for life and cooling load they should only be run at 1.5-2A not 3A (meaning they would not be putting out the 1000Lm they would at 3A)

i can give you SOUND advice as to how to make them but you are not going to do well saying you want a 50W LED lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…