Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

50V ac power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdkanz

I need a 50 volt AC power supply for a project i am doing is there an easy way to get 50v ac? i could not find a 110 to 50 volt transformer.
i need to voltage to accurate +/- 15 volts.

I need a 50 volt AC power supply for a project i am doing is there an easy way to get 50v ac? i could not find a 110 to 50 volt transformer.
i need to voltage to accurate +/- 15 volts.

1. If it's low amps and doesn't need to be isolated, 2x 110V light bulbs in series? (50 V on centre tap)

2. Use a 110 V to 6 V step down txr, then feed o/p into another (backwards-connected) 12 V transformer for = 55 V ? (this'll be double-isolated!)

Last edited:
You didn't state what kind of current capacity you need. You also didn't fill in the location information in your User CP so it's impossible to guess where you are or what currency you might want to pay in. This is an international forum (since it is, after all, on the Internet). I'm in Canada so in lieu of any real information as to where you are, I'll go with Canadian dollars.

You also didn't state your budget.

Here's one from Digikey which is 115VAC => 50VAC at 5A: **broken link removed** . . .but it costs $85 CDN

And one for 0.5A: **broken link removed** at $27 CDN

If you need 75mA or less, here's one for $25 CDN: **broken link removed**

Note that Digikey is international so you may well be able to find a more local Digikey to order from if you're not in Canada. You could also try searching Newark, Mouser, or other mail-order suppliers.

Depending on what kind of power you need, what you are willing to pay, and where you are, you can probably find a transformer that fits your needs. If not you might have to go with something more like what Marc suggested.

Good luck,

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back