Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

500K Or About Pot With A Rotary SPDT Switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjaguar13

I'm looking for a pot with a rotary SPDT switch that's at least 500K. I've been looking for a few weeks now and can't find one. I emailed several places, but I also get people who claim they have one and it turns out to be SPDT. I live in the USA, but if the place ships internationaly, that's good enough. Anyone know where to get one?

I can't say I ever saw a SPDT switch on the end of a pot. SPST, yes, even DPST's are around but double throw switches, why'd you want that? Usually you want a pot to switch something on or off which does not need a DT switch.
Whadda ya building?
If you have no luck you can mount a cam on the shaft and a micro switch next to it, it'll do what you want but it's a bit more complex.

Klaus

It's to control LEDs and a 555 timer. The switch is for blinking or always on mode. The pot is to adjust blinking speed. Do I not need a double throw switch? I found one DPDT pot, but it said it was an on/on switch and I had no idea what that meant.

I see what you are getting at but do you *really* need the pot and the switch controlled with one knob? It would be soooooooo much simpler to get just a 500k or a 1 Meg pot and a seperate switch.
If you do not have the room for that you might try junked car radio's, they have pots with concentric shafts where the switch operates independent of the pot knob setting - its like two knobe in one.
Ordinary switch pots operate the ST (single throw = 2 contacts, eg. ON/OFF) switch at the start of the pot track, hence there is no way to use a DT( double throw = changeover = 3 contacts, eg. ON1/OFF/ON2) switch since the knob turns only one way.
Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back