Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

500 vac to 15 vdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahu

Hello,
I am looking to generate 50-500 VAC from a 15VDC Power supply. The component I wish to use

Attachments

• 500=15.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
The circuit you posted would "generate" 15VDC from an AC supply. Not the other way around.

ken

What is that note on the input that says Phase 2? Are you trying to use two phases of three phase power? Andy

Why is the extremely simple schematic saved as a BMP file type using 222 thousands of bytes instead of as a PNG file type that uses only a few bytes?
Why is the schematic zipped?
Why does it have two 180V zener diodes in series?
Why does it have three 330k resistors in series?
Why does the circuit make no sense?

There is nothing to stop the output from rising to a high voltage that will blow up the output capacitor.

Here is how the schematic should be saved and posted (it is only 11k bytes):

Attachments

• emitter follower.PNG
    emitter follower.PNG
    10.8 KB · Views: 181
Why is the extremely simple schematic saved as a BMP file type using 222 thousands of bytes instead of as a PNG file type that uses only a few bytes?
Why is the schematic zipped?
Why does it have two 180V zener diodes in series?
Why does it have three 330k resistors in series?
Why does the circuit make no sense?

There is nothing to stop the output from rising to a high voltage that will blow up the output capacitor.

Here is how the schematic should be saved and posted (it is only 11k bytes):

i don't know how can devlope PNG file type.

I use Microsoft Paint program to make schematics and to convert a schematic into many different file types.
I copied your BMP schematic into Paint and saved it as a PNG file type.

What are you trying to do with the bunch of parts that do nothing in your circuit?
It will not have a 15VDC output.

I use Microsoft Paint program to make schematics and to convert a schematic into many different file types.
I copied your BMP schematic into Paint and saved it as a PNG file type.

What are you trying to do with the bunch of parts that do nothing in your circuit?
It will not have a 15VDC output.

have u any idia ?

sahu,

From your information so far, you are diving into water way over your head, with an anchor (lack of basic knowledge) tied around your foot. What you are describing is likely very lethal. Where are you getting 500VAC? What are going to power with 15VDC.

Ken

If you feed your circuit with 500VAC (at a high frequency because the filter capacitors have a very low value) then the collector of the transistor will be +706V, its base will be 360V if the output current is very low and the output voltage will be +359.3V.
The 15V zener diode is in the wrong location.

If the circuit is wired correctly then the transistor will be extremely hot if the output current is more than about 45mA.

Use a transformer to reduce the voltage then rectify and filter it to make 15VDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back