Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

50 Bright white LED's of a 12v7ah battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

adriaand

I want to know if i can make a sort of spotlight with 50 LED's.
Do i run 10 of them in series at a time then 5 parralel strips?
Wil it work with just a resistor ?
What resistor?
Will it last about 5 hours?

Thanks in advance

Unless you can provide some specific LED specifications (like linking to a data sheet) it is rather impossible to answer your questions. No, you are not likely to run 10 in series on a 12 volt battery. You need to understand the forward voltage drop of LEDs and their current ratings. Things like forward voltage and forward current are needed? Specifications?

Ron

yeah even i wanna know the same thing :) how many leds can i use if each led having a max value of 3.5v and 25mA current and the voltage source is a 12v dc battery? if u know the answers plz draw me a circuit and upload it here plz its really urgent

yeah even i wanna know the same thing :) how many leds can i use if each led having a max value of 3.5v and 25mA current and the voltage source is a 12v dc battery? if u know the answers plz draw me a circuit and upload it here plz its really urgent

**broken link removed**

Go there. For source voltage, use 12
for diode forward voltage use 3.5
for diode forward current use 25

and for the last box, just enter the # of leds you want to use, and click the "schematic" button, then click "design my array"

It will give you a schematic. Keep changing the # of leds in array to get as large as you want.. until the amperage gets to the size that you can handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back