Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5-wire "dumb" servo

Status
Not open for further replies.

upand_at_them

I'm using an old R/C car for a robot platform and am attempting to reuse the servo. The problem is that it has no internal control circuit, just 2 wires for the motor and 3 wires for the pot.

I'm trying to use this because my other standard servos have different dimensions and don't fit as nicely.

Any ideas for a simple interface? There's no way around using an H-bridge?

Mike

I'm using an old R/C car for a robot platform and am attempting to reuse the servo. The problem is that it has no internal control circuit, just 2 wires for the motor and 3 wires for the pot.

I'm trying to use this because my other standard servos have different dimensions and don't fit as nicely.

Any ideas for a simple interface? There's no way around using an H-bridge?

Mike

hi Mike,
A servo driver can be as simple as a 555.

HVLabs.com

https://www.horrorseek.com/home/halloween/wolfstone/Motors/svoint_RCServos.html

Last edited:
Eric,

That only works for servos that have internal control circuits. When you interface with a normal servo you're passing pulses to the control circuit that then controls the motor, with feedback from the pot.

What I have is a servo with no internal control circuit. It's just a motor, a pot, and gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back