Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5 phase stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

t.o.

Hi,

Would some one tell me the cheapest way of building a 5 phase stepper motor driving circuit? Hard ware wise.

t.o.

Figure out how much current your motor will use, and then find NPN transistors that can handle that current. If you're buying at Radioshack, that will be on the box. If you already have some transistors and don't know what they are, go to datasheetcatalog.com or datasheetarchive.com, and put in the name on the case, and you'll be able to get their info.

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your prompt replies. To use a PIC programmer might be a bit too complicated to me. I mean any thing that can simplify the design such as a single stepper motor drive I.C. to drive 5 FET etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back