Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5% off PCBs only for Electro-Tech Members!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsodmike

This offer is valid till the 30th of June 2004.

:D

On your site it mentions prices for half panel and full panel services is this the design and manufacturing of the PCB or just design? Also how long does this usually take?

p.s there is no 31st of June so your offer will never end :p

HAHAH! :lol: Good point - thanks!

The prices quoted are for the prototyping only, and the time taken for design really depends one schematic (etc...) and anywhere between 30mins to 2hours. The schematic to PCB conversion is first done and then a final quote is submitted to you. At that point if you do not want to continue no charges are incurred by you...

Once payment is confirmed the PCBs will be processed and the turn around time can be between 3-5working days.

Thanks!

You will send the layout files or just the pdf? Are you using ORCAD?

What if we need the orcad files? Will you work for free if we only need the layout files only?!!! That is the question!!!!

Well, I've just asked because I saw some students in here need the layout files. They asked me to help, but I don't have much time to help them. It's very kind if you do it for free!

When you say layout I trust you mean the schematic to PCB conversion, which I refer to as 'design'. The reason why we offer the design phase for free (initially) is because we can only quote a R&D fee once this is done. It would be unfair and bad practice to charge clients even before we can quote them a final price - even when they decide not to proceed with our services.

However, if anyone requires R&D performed without the final prototyping of that design by us - we will be charging for this service - the amount determined by the complexity of the task as complexity means time.

You have to also understand that for each design we need to construct a part-list, and we use Farnell as the supplier - this again takes time.

Hope this answers all your questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back