Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5.1V zener diode Regulator Assy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcoanarmen

Hello,

I am in need of assitance for assembly instructions on building a 5V power supply from a 12v power supply using axial components.

I am not sure of the orientation & solder method of components.

Thanks for any help.

MCD

I tried google for an hr and as you know there is massive info when plugging in electronic circuits.

I thought I would have better success here for what I need to do. Are you sure you can't help me with this request?

you might be better of using a voltage regulator (7805)to get 5v from 12v try google power supply or 7805 reg. Maybe post more info on what you are using it for
regards
bee

voltage regulator Option

I have a 12v PS and need to pull 5v out without loosing any of my 12v source. Will the voltage regulator work for this?

If so, what is the assembly process regarding mounting the regulator and wiring it?

Thanks,

MCD

5v Regulator

Aggreed,

I have a motor that needs +5v to control reverse & forward direction. The exsisting power supply I have is needed for main power to motor.

The concern is routing 5v out and still having enough voltage for motor.

I don't have a clear visual in my head on wiring the voltage regulator.

MCD

The 7805 is a three leg device power in(12v in your case) common and 5volts out and is good for 1 amp .There is a lot on google about this reg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back