Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4wd control module

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDLecuyer

Hi, I'm working on 24vdc system on a backhoe, I replace the module for the 4wd system. The module activate a solenoid on spool valve. Everything works fine but when I shift gear the output of my module turn off and back on in a second. The shifter is all electronic it activate solenoid on the transmission/transfer case assembly. The only link between the two circuits is the power supply, they share the same fuse, I try to supply a positive and negative from the batteries but no difference. When I disconnect the solenoid from the transmission the problem goes away in which gears it disconnected my 4wd solenoid and transmission solenoids are wired separately. I'm in a dead end and need new ideas. Thanks.

I'm guessing a voltage spike generated when the solenoid turns off is interfering with the electronics. The solenoid should have a snubber or freewheel diode across it. If there's one already it may have failed.

I guess your right, I think the circuit design is wrong. I have 3 transmission solenoids, all of them without diode, but one goes thru a relay and it's the only one not affecting my module. If I remove the relay and jump it, it does interfere. So now with all my testing I burned my new module, I'm waiting for a new one and the customer to modify the circuit. My solenoid have 2 wires if I want to install a diode, we're I need to install it? Inline on the positive side or across the negative and positive.

The diode would be reverse-biased, i.e. connected directly across the solenoid coil, with the cathode going to the + side of the coil and the anode going to the - side of the coil. The diode should have a current rating greater than (e.g. at least 1.5 times) the coil peak current and a voltage rating greater than (e.g. at least twice) the voltage applied to the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back