Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4pole to 3 pole audio jack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord loh.

Reference

I have a 3 pole 2.5mm jack that I would like to use to connect my phone to a PC's audio out and microphone in. Is this possible?

I would like to connect my Nokia 2600 phone to a PC to route voice chats from Y! or skype to my father's mobile when he is not at home. (I dial him and when my father answers, I hook up the jacks and put him on the internet voice chat.)

Apart from the pinout, I am worried about volatge levels...

Thanks in advance.

Just wire it, it'll work fine. I'm not sure if the 10nf capacitor shown in the schematic in parallel with the mic is part of the headset assembly, but it's likley not overly important, it may just be a noise supressor for the answer button (which is optional and won't work with a PC anyways) They do make adapters for these, but if you can wire it yourself it'll save you the trouble of finding one and the cost of buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back