Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

48V power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

gelecg

Hi,
I need a 48V power supply with 50 watt power(50W).the main voltage is 220V (rms).
can you help me with schematic?

the ripple is not important, larger than 10 volt with 50 hz frequency.

Why are you shouting?

It is all about finding a suitable transformer. Are you buying that? Where?

Last edited:
ahhhh,
I know MikeMI.
The cost of power supply is important for me.
50 wat transformer is expencive.
I think the very easy flyback is better. the feedback is not important because the ripple is not important for me.
but a short current protection is need.
I think a flyback with self oscillation is very cheap.
So
Is there any schematic for help me?

Here is a 56 VA 36 volt dual primary transformer for $15.71.

Triad Magnetics - FD7-36 - Transformers - Power Products - Allied Electronics

When rectified it will give you around 60 volts open circuit but being a split wound transformer the primary and secondary windings are side by side which means that the secondary can be easily opened up and a few turns removed to drop the voltage down if necessary.

You wont get close to that price building your own SMPS.

what about switching?
a flyback or halfbridge with self oscillation and thyroid core is very cheap, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back