Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

433MHz band filter simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

micael

Hi im trying to simulate the operation of a band filter at 433.92MHz
So i was wondering if i have to use voltage generator with sine wave frequency at 433.92MHz to simulate the received signal.
Also the voltage after the filter still has 433.92 MHz frequency?
Has anyone tried this type of filter in practise? Any suggestions on the values of resistor and capacitors?

Attachments

• 433MHz.JPG
    433MHz.JPG
    5.1 KB · Views: 195
micael said:
Hi im trying to simulate the operation of a band filter at 433.92MHz
So i was wondering if i have to use voltage generator with sine wave frequency at 433.92MHz to simulate the received signal.

Presumably so?, but I never use simulators - bear in mind that a simulation will probably be quite different to an actual filter, due to stray capacitance and inductance in the hardware.

Also the voltage after the filter still has 433.92 MHz frequency?

Yes, you're doing nothing to affect it.

Has anyone tried this type of filter in practise? Any suggestions on the values of resistor and capacitors?

That isn't an RF filter, you need inductors and capacitors (LC filters) not RC filters.

Hi
Can it be made by a Butterworth active filter circuit using wide band opamps such as AD8075 (550Mhz) and AD8074 (600 MHz) ? Also the Q factor and the bandwidth is important i think.

Zarkabul said:
Can it be made by a Butterworth active filter circuit using wide band opamps such as AD8075 (550Mhz) and AD8074 (600 MHz) ?

No way!

Zarkabul said:
Also the Q factor and the bandwidth is important i think.

Yes, and use an LC circuit or a helical filter to do it.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back