Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

433 MHz TX/RX

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_pay

Hi

I would like to get a PIC, preferably a PIC16F684, and send a number ( 1 - 20 ) between it and another PIC, with a wireless transmitter.

I was going to use a 433MHz transmitter / receiver pair. Unfortunately it only has line of communication, in one direction.

Could someone please help me with this problem. I am very confused.

Thanks

Tom

Hi

Unfortunately I can only buy the separate modules. In RX or TX only, not both. :-(

Does this make it more complicated?

Tom

Yes, you need a transmitter and a receiver at each end - and you will probably need to power them up and down as you use them.

Is two way communication essential?.

Two way communication is not essential.

The Tx only has to transmit and the Rx only has to receive.

Last thing, I have decided to change its range. 0 - 255 would better. Hope this doesn't make it harder.

Tom

Last edited:
Two way communication is not essential.

The Tx only has to transmit and the Rx only has to receive.

Last thing, I have decided to change its range. 0 - 255 would better. Hope this doesn't make it harder.

Tom

Check my tutorials, which cover what you want. 0-255 would be the minimum regardless, a single byte.

Hi

Thanks for that,

I had already looked at your site, but couldn't find what I was looking for. But after a while I found it.

Thanks so much, your website is so helpful and easy to understand.

Tom

Hi

I have just had a play with MPLAB. I have decided to write my code in a way that requires different variables containing the individual bits of the number needed to be communicated.

Unfortunately the way that I have done it takes too much time.

"bit7 = (commdata >> 7 ) & 0b1;" ect.

Does anyone know a way to split them up quicker?

Thanks

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back