Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

433 MHZ and 434 MHZ affect each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just making sure of this before i do something stupid.

If i have a 433 MHZ transmitter and a 434 MHz receiver on Host A and then a 433 MHZ receiver and a 434 MHZ transmitter on Host B, will they affect each other?

Spectacular Butter said:
Just making sure of this before i do something stupid.

If i have a 433 MHZ transmitter and a 434 MHz receiver on Host A and then a 433 MHZ receiver and a 434 MHZ transmitter on Host B, will they affect each other?

Depends on the quality and selectivity of the receivers, if you're talking about cheap licence free modules, I would expect so.

I think he forgot to mention bandwidth too.

If either receiver has a bandwidth higher than 1Mhz, then you can't use 433 Mhz for one frequency, and 434 as another. Here's why.

Say the bandwidth is 1Mhz for all units.

The one transmitting at 433 Mhz, can actually transmit from 432Mhz to 434Mhz.

And the one transmitting at 434 Mhz, can transmit from 433Mhz to 435Mhz.

But, if the units are far enough away, you might be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back