Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

415V PCB mount transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKrak

Hey,
Does anyone know where to get a 415V PCB mounted transformer from? Heck, it doesn't even need to be 415V, it could be 400V or even 380V! The output voltage needs to be around 18V to 50V. I only need 1VA.

I need it for a 15V control power circuit. It's very easy to get 240V transformers (single phase), but my incoming supply is 3 phase.

Thanks

A lot of 3 phase cables don't come with a neutral - the ones in this application definitely won't. I'm pretty sure I can't use the earth in the cable because that will probably trip any earth leakage/RCDs that are present.

Have you considered two transformers, with primaries in series and secondaries in parallel?

No, I didn't think about that. Unfortunately, that won't really work for me. If I add a second transformer the circuit board will be too big and it will kind of blow out the cost of the board. As it is the transformer is the most expensive component on the board. We're going to be making a few thousand of these, and that extra $5 to $10 is going to add up to a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back