Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4069UB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inamabilis

Hey, does anyone have any information on the 4069UB IC? It is listed as a 'Hex Inverter'. Could somebody please explain to me what the 'Hex' part actually means? Hex, to me, is a base 16 counting system (0-F). Is this the same for the IC and if so how does it work?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Inamabilis

Inamabilis said:
Hey, does anyone have any information on the 4069UB IC? It is listed as a 'Hex Inverter'. Could somebody please explain to me what the 'Hex' part actually means? Hex, to me, is a base 16 counting system (0-F). Is this the same for the IC and if so how does it work?

You're thing of 'hexadecimal', base 16 - 'hex' simply refers to 6, in this case 6 inverters in one chip.

BTW, I take it you're probably not far away from me?, I'm not far from the Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire border.

Thanks, great board here :), lots of helpfull people and very fast replys :D

One other thing, whats the difference between the
4069UB: Hex inverters
and the
4049UB: Hex inverters/buffers?

any ideas?

Nigel Goodwin said:
I take it you're probably not far away from me?, I'm not far from the Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire border.

I live in a small village in between a town called Bingham and a town called Grantham, Ever heard of them?

Inamabilis

Inamabilis said:
Thanks, great board here :), lots of helpfull people and very fast replys :D

One other thing, whats the difference between the
4069UB: Hex inverters
and the
4049UB: Hex inverters/buffers?

any ideas?

Without finding a datasheet I would suggest the 4049 has a higher output capability?.

I live in a small village in between a town called Bingham and a town called Grantham, Ever heard of them?

Yes, I've been to Grantham, presumably you're not far from Belvoir then?, I've been to the castle there in the past.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Yes, I've been to Grantham, presumably you're not far from Belvoir then?, I've been to the castle there in the past.
No, not far at all from the castle, I live in the vale of belvoir.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Without finding a datasheet I would suggest the 4049 has a higher output capability?
Attached are two pin diagrams i found on the net.

4049:
**broken link removed**

4069:
**broken link removed**

Whats the deal with the NC's? ...Not Connected im guessing? So whats the point to them?

Inamabilis

Inamabilis said:
Whats the deal with the NC's? ...Not Connected im guessing? So whats the point to them?

Inamabilis

so make a standard size package, rather than have a different package for each component

but they are different sizes... am i missing something here?
....the 4049 has 2 NC's and 16 pins, the 4069 has 0 NC's and 14 pins.... by taking away the NCs from the 4049 its the same size as this 4069 :?

Inamabilis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back