Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4029 adjustable digital clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

snacsnoc

Hey guys,
I'm having some problems with my digital clock. A friend and I made a digital clock using 4029s with a 4013 and 4060 to generate an accurate 1Hz output. What I'm having problem with is setting the time with the clock. Unless I'm missing something obvious, I just can't figure it out. What I ideally want to do is have a button to increment the minutes and another for the hours. I've sent clock signals to pin 15 on the 4029 but it's not incrementing like I want to.

If it helps, I can post my schematic, though it is rough.

Thanks

A schematic would help us to help you.

My diagram is attached. It is missing the hours part, which is on the back. Please bear in mind it's quite rough. Basically, the 4029 are cascaded in such a manner that, when the 4081 is used, when it hits "6", it resets it self.

Well,

Here is what i would do.

It may need to be adjusted depending on the clock polarity of your circuit...

That worked great! Since I don't have a 74AHC1G32 on hand, I used a 4071 instead with a pull down resistor.

The logic of the above circuit is ok, but if you use push-button switches you will need to de-bounce them, to prevent unwanted multiple triggering of the counters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back