Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4017 reset pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4017 is your best bet, it is cheap and reliable.

It is not that big, unless you are really craving for space.

justDIY said:
is this correct?

I only need a 4017 to count to three; tie Q3 to RESET, and the chip will reset to output Q0 on the 4th clock pulse?

Is there a smaller chip (less pins) that only counts to four or something like that?

You use a 8pin PIC.ex-12C508, 12C509, 12F629/675

I need the other way…. I need same functions like 4017 with more output pins closer to 20 pins(without using a PIC). But still I couldn’t find an IC like that to drive my led matrix.

Last edited:
yea, I could program a small 10F series pic to do the job. I'll have to balance the space savings with the additional cost. Replacing a 16 pin sop with a 6 pin sot23 does sound attractive from a space savings point of view!

for every problem, there is a microcontroller solution :)

have you looked at using parallel-output shift registers for your twenty pins - the 74hc595 is my favorite port-expander for microcontrollers.

hi justdyi,

Have you considered using a surface mount version of the device if you are tight on space?

EricG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back