Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4017 counter IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powzoom

I'm using the 4017 IC to make a counter. I can make it count to a certain number and reset or stop. The problem is how I can attach a switch that changes the counting from 0-3 to 0-4 or 0-5. Essentially I want a switch that determines what number to count up to, is this doable?

You could use a 3 position rotary switch.

Hi Powzoom,

here is a circuit which counts to 'n' and recycles or stops depending on the SPDT-switch position. The desired number is selected with the DIP-switch.

Note: When counting to 'n' and stop the reset occurs at 'n'+1, allowing one clock cycle to pass before resetting.

If you want the circuit to count continously just don't set any ON-position on the DIP-switch.

Boncuk

Attachments

• COUNTER.gif
    COUNTER.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 981
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back