Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4013 Dual D flip-flop and IR Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneshane1

I have made a toggle on/off infra-red switch using a TV Remote as the transmitter, this is working great for me at the moment, is there anything that i should add or remove or change to make it better?

the 4013 is set up for toggle on/off switch,meaning the output will remain high until the clock receives a High and it will remain that way until it receives another high,then the output will go low, and so on.

when the TV Remote is pressed it sends the signal(pulse) to the receiver,which activates the transistors output to the CLK of the Dual D flip-flop IC, i added the 47uF capacitor so when the pulse passes it,it keeps the CLK input High while the TV Remote is been pressed, once the remote is depresses(off), the 10K pulldown resistor drains the capacitor to empty and the output remains high until the process happens again,then the output remains low, and so on.

Attachments

• IR Receiver.PNG
    IR Receiver.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,078
Last edited:
shaneshane1 said:
...is there anything that i should add or remove or change to make it better?

Dude,

You're still wiring your transistors backwards. (I thought we just went through this?) Remember, with PNP, emitter towards positive rail; with NPN, the collector...

FYI,
Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back