Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd800

having problems with puting in ics on breadboard .even with holder seam not to work . only have two to work with so dont want to damage them. got them from rapid .any help much thanks simon.

Post a schematic showing how you are using them, including power connections.

4001reply

input pin 1 and 2 to - supply. pin3 to 10k resistor .then to led then to - supply. pin 7 to - supply .pin 14 to +supply pin 3 is output.o o should =1 so the led sould be lit. havent pushed the ic right in used ic holders to put in breadboard if i put it flush to breadboard its hard to get it out.led not lighting useing st 4001be chip

Hi,

try this.

Boncuk

Attachments

• NOR.gif
    NOR.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 168
A much better driver for any CMOS would look like this...

**broken link removed**

CMOS does not have much drive. The input impedance for this driver is over 100KΩ, which will keep the chip happy.

Last edited:
I don't think the pins of the IC socket are touching the bus-bars within the breadboard. Put the chip directly into the breadboard. The chip will easily drive the LED at 9v. Use 470R current limiting resistor.

...if i put it flush to breadboard its hard to get it out.

You are placing the IC (or socket) across a gutter in your breadboard, aren't you? The chips are not difficult to remove at all when a small tool can be inserted into the gutter and lifted.

I know its a silly question, but I've seen a plethora of mistakes like that.

Edit: mis-spelled word.

Last edited:
A much better driver for any CMOS would look like this...

**broken link removed**

CMOS does not have much drive. The input impedance for this driver is over 100KΩ, which will keep the chip happy.

That's what you will do in a "real" circuit.

It's unnecessary just to test a chip or the idea you had about its function.

I normally use low current LEDs to test CMOS circuits. 2mA won't harm them.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back