Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

400 volt capacitor how to know its leckage or damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

newone

400 volt capacitor how to know its leckage or damaged

one day my own digital satellite reciver not working

itry but not fix

i went to technican and he only change the 400 volt capacitor

my capacitor was like new one

my question is how to know its leckage

i have analog and digital meter

which is best for capacitor

If it's leaky it will almost certainly have gone S/C, the high voltage across it will pass high current through the leaky capacitor until it goes S/C.

However, it's unlikely to be leaky or S/C (or you would most probably see physical damage), it's most likely O/C or high ESR - it's a common failure mode in these types of capacitors.

I've also seen a number 'exploded', presumably due to mains surges? - all of them have been in receivers from Spain, where the electricity supply seems rather 'third world' :lol:

Nigel Goodwin said:
I've also seen a number 'exploded', presumably due to mains surges? - all of them have been in receivers from Spain, where the electricity supply seems rather 'third world' :lol:

why did you have to say that..
I have to go out there in 6months with my 150kW converter and really dont want the hassle of main-surges

Styx said:
Nigel Goodwin said:

why did you have to say that..
I have to go out there in 6months with my 150kW converter and really dont want the hassle of main-surges

Oh dear 8)

I hope it's well protected?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back