Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

400 mhz oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.
santosh_iitm2002 said:
I am building a 400 MHz transmitter and receiver for a hobby project.Can anyone direct me to a website or give a soln for the transmitter

It's not really a hobby project, UHF construction is extremely critical, which is why you're not likely to find many designs. You also have licencing problems, it's a fairly serious offence in most countries to use an unlicenced transmitter.

Here are a couple of websites that may help:
www.linxtechnologies.com and www.ABACOM-TECH.com

These modules are generally on frequencies that do not require an license for operation and as a result have limited range.

Having built many rf transmitters I agree with Nigel.
One of the problems with free running oscillators at UHF frequencies is the stability of the oscillation frequency. On method is crystal control at a lower frequency and then multplying the frequency a number of times to reach the UHF frequency. Another method is to SAW resonators, which I think the modules provided by the above websites may very well use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back