Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 pole 3 way rotary switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inamabilis

Hey,
Can anyone supply a 'pin' diagram for a 4 pole 3 way rotary switch?
Would be very helpfull :)

Thanks

Inamabilis

Inamabilis said:
Hey,
Can anyone supply a 'pin' diagram for a 4 pole 3 way rotary switch?
Would be very helpfull :)

I would have thought it depends entirely on the particular switch - but generally the wipers are the inner contacts, and the four contacts the outer ones. It's best to check exactly which is which with a meter.

Hey again Nigel, you've been a great help to me recently :)
Thing is i need a SPTT switch (Single Pole Triple Throw) and they aint easy to get hold of! i was wondering if i could manipulate this rotary switch (4 pole 3 way or 3 pole 4 way) to do the same job (by tying the inputs or something?)

Any ideas?

Inamabilis

Inamabilis said:
Hey again Nigel, you've been a great help to me recently :)
Thing is i need a SPTT switch (Single Pole Triple Throw) and they aint easy to get hold of! i was wondering if i could manipulate this rotary switch (4 pole 3 way or 3 pole 4 way) to do the same job (by tying the inputs or something?)

You simply use a 4 pole 3 way switch, and ignore 3 of the poles. I'm currently building the EPE LCF meter, and I do almost exactly the same on that (as the original article did).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back