Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4-Pin S-Video to Composite Video RCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ormo

Hi,

I am looking to link the 4-pin s-video output to the composite video RCA input on my TV. I have found the two types of plug I will need and the wiring diagram:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
S-Video to Composite Video RCA Cable Pinout - AllPinouts

What I could like to know is: will the cable connecting them need to be coaxial cable to reduce losses? The only other way I could think of answering this would be to take a pair of wire snips to an existing cable (not to sure I want to do this ;))

Thanks!

If you don't use shielded cable then your wires will pickup interference and mains hum.
Why do you want to take a high quality s-video signal and mash it into a lousy poor quality composite input? But the capacitor will feed the chroma into the black and white.

I'm using the lousy poor quality composite input because the device will allow me to switch between a few other games consoles that have this output type.

I'm using the lousy poor quality composite input because the device will allow me to switch between a few other games consoles that have this output type.

hi ormo,
You can buy 4 core, screened overall, cable, suitable for A/V work.
Its used often for security camera's.

Have a look at this link: [look thru the Product menu listing]
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
hi ormo,
You can buy 4 core, screened overall, cable, suitable for A/V work.
Its used often for security camera's.

Have a look at this link: [look thru the Product menu listing]
**broken link removed**

You don't need four core Eric, only two core screened, there's two signals luma and chroma, that's all.

If you put the capacitor at the S-Video end you would only need single screened as well :D

If I've got the capacitor and all the other inputs and switching stuff at the S-Video end, am I right in saying I can run the signal through single-core screened wire and use the screen as the ground?

You don't need four core Eric, only two core screened, there's two signals luma and chroma, that's all.

If you put the capacitor at the S-Video end you would only need single screened as well :D

I was reading his text ref 4-pin s-video.

If I've got the capacitor and all the other inputs and switching stuff at the S-Video end, am I right in saying I can run the signal through single-core screened wire and use the screen as the ground?

Thats what I would do.:)

Cool, thanks to everyone that helped! I might post some pics on another thread when I've built it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back