Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 digits display to a 12F683

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarsil, you can use an LCD. I've recently bought 4 LED displays (high efficiency) and I've realized that they're more expensive and they require more pins

Maxim has a chip for everything:D but usualy on the expensive side. At that price I'd buy a 16F877A with a lot of goodies
Or even the 16F88x when they arrive....
Tarsil, you can use an LCD. I've recently bought 4 LED displays (high efficiency) and I've realized that they're more expensive and they require more pins
And more power!

Personally I think a battery charger should be capable of recharging batteries at minimal cost and with maximum efficiency - and with the minimum of fuss!

I searched a bit and found a lot of uC ~cheap and with OK capab...The problem is TO GET THEM whithout paying 250% for shiping and whithout buying 100+ or so. The only decent uC i can buy is 12F683 at that size and price. I know www.microchip.com :mad: taaaaaaaaa.
I've been thinking about a serial LCD (eng1 :D ) but the cheapest was like 18$ (maybe 15 for 25pcs+) and I'm still searching. I bought a 4 Dg led disp for 2.5$. Eny one can give some details about a cheap LCD?

Madhouse said:
Or even the 16F88x when they arrive....

And more power!

Personally I think a battery charger should be capable of recharging batteries at minimal cost and with maximum efficiency - and with the minimum of fuss!
Well.....I like fuss:D
And is also DISCHARGING them before :lol

And is also DISCHARGING them before

Quite, and storing the discharge for later use maybe!

See my PM to you - I forgot to mention discharge, but my reason for mentioning the Maxim solution (and the extra I/O it provides) is the facility for buttons selecting "discharge first", "charger reset" and even selecting battery type (NiCad, LiIon, NiMh,LA etc).

Tarsil said:
I've been thinking about a serial LCD (eng1 :D ) but the cheapest was like 18$ (maybe 15 for 25pcs+) and I'm still searching. I bought a 4 Dg led disp for 2.5$. Eny one can give some details about a cheap LCD?

Serial LCD are expensive. You should search for 44780-based LCDs (for example 2 rows x 16 chars display, they don't cost so much!). Keep on searching :)

eng1 said:
Serial LCD are expensive. You should search for 44780-based LCDs (for example 2 rows x 16 chars display, they don't cost so much!). Keep on searching :)

Serial LCD's are generally just a 44780-based one with a PIC connected to it, the PIC receives the serial data and displays it on the LCD. As such they are obviously more expensive than a plain LCD.

Madhouse said:
Quite, and storing the discharge for later use maybe!

See my PM to you - I forgot to mention discharge, but my reason for mentioning the Maxim solution (and the extra I/O it provides) is the facility for buttons selecting "discharge first", "charger reset" and even selecting battery type (NiCad, LiIon, NiMh,LA etc).
Discharging first is useful for extending the life span of the batery (reduces the memory efect)....yup whould be nice to store the energy thought :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back