Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 Digit 7 Segment LED Thermometer Schematics help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone
My name is Michael i am doing a project as part of my university course
I am making a 4 Digit 7 Segment LED Thermometer, i am not very good at electronics but it is a part of the module in the course (pgce)
I am having a few problems with the circuit design.
I have to make my own PCB and design the circuit

1 - How can i replicate a 4-digit 7 segment LED on circuit wizard so i can programme a flow chart

2 - Can i do it like i have but use decade counters instead of GENIE E-18 controllers?

Any help would be vastly appreciated.
Cheers
Michael

Attachments

• circuit wizard thermometer.JPG
    circuit wizard thermometer.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,295
The temperature sensor you selected has a serial digital output which would be difficult to interface without a microcontroller. A counter would not work for that.

If you want to avoid a micro then you could use an analog output type temperature sensor, such as an LM34 or one of these, and use an A/D converter with a digital display output, such as one of these.

I'm not familiar with circuit wizard.

Last edited:
Cheers for the help i will have a look at it today i am in the electronics room. I might just make a sensor which switches on a fan when its cold and a heater when its hot.
Maybe a moisture sensor aswell, and put it in a greenhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back