Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 channel remotecontrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

bontalampas

ey. does any one here knows any KIT for a 4 channel remote control.. (its just like a remote control car) ok heres what im planning to do, I'd like to control light switches using my PC with a parallel port. I need to control 4 switches so in short i need 4 channels to make each switch different from the others. please help me...... anyone?

thanks!!
bons :shock:

Shortcut

I suggest just using one of those basic level (4 dip switch) garage door openers that you can find at the dollar store. Just pop it open, tie button closed, replace the switchs with transistors(See note), and attach wires from your CPU.

One question that I should ask, is whether or not you already have the receivers on your lights(or atleast built). If so, you will have to take off the resistors and replace with trim pots. If it has an IC, just take it off and wire past it.
If you don't have any receivers yet, it is even easier, cuz' then you can just correspond with the built on resistors.

Notes:
Just to protect both your CPU and circuit, I suggest using opto-couplers(MCT2E) instead of regular transistors(Also makes things easier).

In the end it should look like my pic.

Attachments

• 1_338.gif
    1_338.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 597
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back