Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4-bit Parallel to Serial Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

qiqirikou

Hallo everyone!!! Does somebody know where can I find a full design for a 4-bit Parallel to Serial Converter? Please help me, I need it for a project for my faculty!!! Thanks a lot.

Any parallel load shift register will do this function. There are several choices from among the from the 74xx series and several choices from the 4000 series CMOS parts. Consult the selection guides on the manufacturer's website.

There is typically an input pin which configures the device to load or shift. In either state the selected action (load or shift) happens on the next clock edge.

Was you question about how to build one out of simpler parts like gates and flip-flops?

As Nigel stated before, how it's suppose to work?

Any baudrate? Parity or not? True driven or not? and so on.

I also agree, easy to do with PIC. Almost any 12F or 12C serie would be perfect depending the baudrate you want... and if the internal OSC shifting woes maybe still suitable even by loading the Calibration... Still an RC osc anyways so it's Temperature dependant.

akg said:
the OP just said parallel to serial converter, nigel and mister_e assumed parallel input to rs232 o/p and papa and myself assumed parallel to serial shift register.

what was he thinking about :rolleyes:

I didn't assume either, there was too little information in the question to make any sensible deductions.

Me Again

Hallo again!!! Thanks for everyone who tried to help. The truth is that not even I know too much details about this project. It is supposed to be a digital circuit, which is sequential (it has flip-flops) and consists of 4 to 6 ASICs. It must look like this **broken link removed**
and must be a 4 bit Parallel to Serial Converter

Sorry for my English i am from Greece.
Thanks a lot!

I'm sorry if this is kinda late, but i would suggest the SN74LS323N Shift registor. This is literaly my favourite IC. Partly because it is the only IC i know how to use by heart, the ease of use(simplicity), and it has so many uses. It can be used as a parallel to serial converter, serial to parallel converter, and it can even be used as a storage registor! I love this IC!!! It is 8bits, and it can be run at a maximum of 25-35mHz. I'm not sure how to tell what baud it is capable of? Does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back