Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 Bit Bcd Input To 7 Segments Displays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanosgen

Be drawn and materialise in rasters a reasonable circuit that would appear in 7 seagments displays sectors the digits of hex system of numeration. the numbers that i want to see will be appearred as in the following form:

6 A B C D E F

Code the digits it will be given as BCD with Dip-switch

CAN HELP ME ΟR IS DIFFICULT?????

p.m. with multiplexter can i do it??????

i need something like this
**broken link removed**

i give the 1111 and i want to see the F etc

If I understand you correctly. It can be done with a microcontroller. You read the 4 pin dip switch and use a lookup table to get the value to write to the 7 segment display (and the DOT too if you need that.).

I looked at a few 7 segment decoders but none had the Hex outputs.

However, you could do it by using a 7 segment decoder (preferably one with open collector or open drain outputs) and do the A ~ F outputs with gates.

Also, it is not BCD, it is 4 digit binary. BCD implies 0 ~ 9.

Here is the gating for the "a" segment. You will need to draw Karnaugh maps for each of the remaining segments.

As you can see it will require a fair number og gates to do gating for all segments.

However, you may find some commonality that can reduce the overall number of gates.

It would be much simpler to use a PIC.

Attachments

• A ~ F decoding.gif
    A ~ F decoding.gif
    36.5 KB · Views: 407
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back