Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3x4 hex keypad and seven segment display

Status
Not open for further replies.

amo

hi
i'm designing a display unit which will display the keys pressed on 4 seven segment displays. my problem is when i press any key, the pressed number is displayed on all the four displys, but when i preload the assigned memories for all the four displays (thousand, hundred, tens and units) with different figures 4532 they display alright. can any one please help me with a code that after the key is pressed, it will move the figures from from the first display to the last display.
thank you

You need to debounce your keypad and detect key presses rather than key down.

Mike.

YouTube - PIC 16f690 based 4x3 keypad lock

Attachments

• Keypad.asm
    32.6 KB · Views: 450
Last edited by a moderator:
to angry badger

i also designing a display unit with 3 7segment with the control of pic16f887.
Do u hv the file in c language.....
thanks for helping....

to angry badger

i also designing a display unit with 3 7segment with the control of pic16f887.
Do u hv the file in c language.....
thanks for helping....

Hi, My code is in ASM. I haven't got around to learning C yet. On my 'To Do list'. Good luck with your project.

Hi yonder
I'm designing a digital display Hymnal that will display 4 hymn numbers of 4-digits each on 4 seven segment and to be controlled by a 3X4 key pad Such that at any time an hymn number can be changed on any of the desired 4-digits seven segment. I've written several programs though I'm not really good in program but I'm assembly. please can you assist me or share with me how better I can go by this. i wish to make the projects as a thanksgiving in my Church. please do help. I'm just a learner.tens and units) with different figures 4532 they display alright. can any one please help me with a code that after the key is pressed, it will move the figures from from the first display to the last display.
thank you
Resonance Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back