Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3x3x3 LED Cube - can i use16f628 instead 16f690

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

i found this 3x3x3 LED Cube. The PIC 16F690 is not available in the market. Can i use 16F628A for this? Can I use the same 16F690 programe(hex file) for the 16F628A. If i have to reprograme, what changes are required? Is any same kind of programe is there for 16F628A?

Please reply....

Thanks,
Robotsmani

Is there any 3x3x3 LED Cube(like the above) schematic(with PCB layout, hex file) available using 16F628A or 16F84A.

Please let me know the links....

Thanks,
Robotsmani

Last edited:
The link in your first post includes the source code and schematic. Should be a good project to brush your assembly skills on. You'll need to disable the comparators on the 628A (don't use the 84A as the project also uses the RA6&RA7 pins)

Thanks,

Actually i am a beginner of PIC. I just want to make this LED Cube and learn the programming so that i require already build circuit and programe. i have searched in the net, but i didn't get anything using 628A.

If you know some circuit and programe please let me know...

Robotsmani

It will work with the 16f628 you just change the code to mach it. It's not that hard to do
and you'll learn a lot doing it I made it to day it's real cool. It will put on a good light show. Just change it to
Code:
list      p=16f628A           ; list directive to define processor
	#include <p16F628A.inc>       ; processor specific variable definitions

errorlevel  -302              ; suppress message 302 from list file

__CONFIG   _CP_OFF & _DATA_CP_OFF & _LVP_OFF & _BOREN_OFF & _MCLRE_OFF & _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_OFF & _INTOSC_OSC_NOCLKOUT
and use porta and portb

Here you something to look at it's a 16f628a.asm showing you the changes that you need it may work I don't no I didn't try it.
It will get you started.

Attachments

• 3x3x316f628a.asm
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,516
Last edited:
Two layers work on the code top and middle. porta is hard to get right lol

Last edited:
Well it works on a 16f628a porta,5 is input only I move it to RA3 it works just like the 16f690 Have fun robtsmani

Thanks,

So i can use the attached asm file, right? i will try to build the circuit and programe the asm code and let u know.....

robotsmani

The code will work but you need to change 1 thing in it
Code:
clrf	PORTA			; clear port B
	movfw	Layer3			; move layer3 to W
	movwf	PORTB			; put W onto PortC

btfsc	Layer4,[COLOR="Red"]3[/COLOR]		; see if LED 9 should be on
	bsf		PORTA,4			; turn on LED 9

bsf		PORTA,7			; turn on layer 2 buy outputing bit 6 of PortB
make the red 3 a 5 or 1 led will stay on all the time
layer 4 controls portA

Last edited:
Here it is running [embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/OsUJwhyjJJc&hl=en&fs=1[/embed]

Last edited:
wow!

That's so cool!

it only use 27 LEDs,I'm very interesting in it.

but i have a question.
If i use 8051,will it control be more easier?:eek:

Last edited:
Can anyone help

I have downloaded the asm file that be80be posted and have tried to compile it with MPLAB, but every time it gets to the org 0 statement it comes up with the error:

MPLINK 4.30, Linker
Copyright (c) 2009 Microchip Technology Inc.
Error - section '.org_1' can not fit the absolute section. Section '.org_1' start=0x00000000, length=0x00000f72
Errors : 1

Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this error or a hex file that they have tried and know it works?

Thanks for any help.

I am thinking you did a quickbuild from MPLAB. That will result in the error you found.

Instead create a project and add both the .asm file and the linker file 16F628A.lkr. Be sure to do CONFIGURE>SELECT_DEVICE then choose the 16F628A.

HTH
3v0

I have downloaded the asm file that be80be posted and have tried to compile it with MPLAB, but every time it gets to the org 0 statement it comes up with the error:

MPLINK 4.30, Linker
Copyright (c) 2009 Microchip Technology Inc.
Error - section '.org_1' can not fit the absolute section. Section '.org_1' start=0x00000000, length=0x00000f72
Errors : 1

Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this error or a hex file that they have tried and know it works?

Thanks for any help.

I didn't use the lkr I use the project wizard set the pic and it builds the hex. The hex is in the led.zip

Attachments

• LED.asm
    42.4 KB · Views: 2,678
  • LED.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 1,395
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back