Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3vdc low voltage circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then would this be correct? or closer? or just plain wrong?

Attachments

• lowvoltage2.jpg
    lowvoltage2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 130
That would work, but this way is simpler and uses WAY less idle current. I have kept the resistor in series with the LED in case you will be using a regular LED, but flashing LEDs usually don't need a resistor:

Attachments

• lowvoltage2.jpg
    lowvoltage2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Thanks for the help kchriste. Is this the simpliest(cheapest) way of doing this?

If he does the things that I have highlighted in red, the LED will be on until the voltage drops below Vref. I don't think that's what he wants. Of course, he really wants a flasher anyway, so an LED on the comparator output ain't gonna work anyway.

Roff's right (say that three times after two martinis).

Attachment after Paisley

Attachments

• comp rules.JPG
    comp rules.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 132
Did you read the follow on post, or just rubbing it in...:)

So Allvot, you say use a comparator instead of voltage reglator, or are you really just rubbing it in.LOL.

So Allvot, you say use a comparator instead of voltage reglator, or are you really just rubbing it in.LOL.

Not to rub it in, but you mean voltage detector right? :)
Kchriste latest plan looks the way to go IMHO.

I am going to crawl back underneath my keyboard now :eek:

Right voltage detector. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the help kchriste. Is this the simpliest(cheapest) way of doing this?
It is the simplest, but not necessarily the cheapest if you have zeners and opamps in your junk box. If you need to buy the parts anyway, then my way will work out the best for you. The problem with the opamp/zener route, is that you'll have a higher current draw off the batteries and they won't last as long. Those low voltage detector circuits draw less than 3uA and you'll be hard pressed to build anything with opamps and zeners that draws less than 1000uA.

Good. That is a very cool part indeed. I never knew they existed. Now on the the next puzzle... Thanks again.

Did you read the follow on post, or just rubbing it in...:)

My apologies. Didn't see the next page thing. My 2 cents worth was about a day late and a dollar short.

Ignore me, please.

So if one is under their keyboard and one is being ignored, the who is here to help? Cheer up guys. If you never made a mistake you would learn nothing.

My apologies. Didn't see the next page thing. My 2 cents worth was about a day late and a dollar short.

Ignore me, please.

No worries :) Allvol, your avatar reminds of me when I was about 6 years old. I did about the same thing with a paperclip. Never will forget the experience...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back