Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3phase heater thyristor control circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhtavallaie

dear colleagues

I am using a temperature controller which provides a 10 volt DC 20 ma output when the ampient temperature is less than its set point value.

the question is how can I use this 10 volt signal for switching on and control of thyristor modules which feed a 3 phase 36kw heater?

your comments is highly appreciated in advance.

rgds
hadi

Can you give more information on your heater? Is it inductive?

I have not worked with high power heaters (e.g 36kW), but an optoisolated triac driver (e.g. like moc3023 but I'm not sure if it can handle your heater) output would be a good solution to your problem. The optocoupler would protect your controller from high voltage side, while needing about 15mA to 30 mA current to trigger a triac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back