Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3G frequency bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngIntoHW

Hi,

I was wondering where I could find out how many bands an operator in a certain country uses?

Orange operates in Poland.
I know that it uses band 1 in 3G.
Does it uses other 3G bands?

Where can I look for it?

Thank you.

Hi,

I was wondering where I could find out how many bands an operator in a certain country uses?

Orange operates in Poland.
I know that it uses band 1 in 3G.
Does it uses other 3G bands?

Where can I look for it?

Thank you.

See attached page. It has UMTS band numbering an general local where used.

Attachments

• UMTS channel assigments.pdf
    6.3 KB · Views: 181
Thanks mate, it's a very helpful document!

I'd like to know also which bands has a certain operator which operates in a certain country.

Is there a way of knowing it?

That is a fluid situation. 2100 MHz band 1 is the most used, Europe, Korea, Japan are biggest users. ATT is 1900 PCS band in USA. T-Mobile just started up the AWS 1700/2100 MHz band in U.S.

ATT in U.S. is converting their 850 MHz low band holding to WCDMA. Some operators in Europe are converting original 900 MHz band.

Thanks RC.

Does each operator provide information on which bands it uses in each country it operates?

Lets take Orange as example.
How can you know which bands it uses in a certain European country?
Like, how can you know if it uses more bands than band 1?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back