Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3D projection

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaRyu

I need opinion on this.
A cellphone application that will create a 3D image.
The 3D image will be created using the camera on the phone.
The application will need 2 pictures of that object(front, side)

The two pics need to be taken about 4" apart. If there is movement in the subject then the pics need to be taken simultaneously.
AFAIK a cell-phone camera can't do projection (but cell-phones are constantly evolving :)).

The two pics need to be taken about 4" apart. If there is movement in the subject then the pics need to be taken simultaneously.
AFAIK a cell-phone camera can't do projection (but cell-phones are constantly evolving :)).

Maybe use 2 cameras then send it to the phone. :)

i have that app for my android its called "3dstereo", you need the red-blue glasses, and yes it only works on still objects since it does take 2 seperate pics, however the software is very handy to align the photos

i have that app for my android its called "3dstereo", you need the red-blue glasses, and yes it only works on still objects since it does take 2 seperate pics, however the software is very handy to align the photos

I mean 3D model not just a projection

I mean 3D model not just a projection

Two, 2D images will allow perspective and the sense of a 3D object. If you want an actual 3D model, that is, something you can rotate 360° in each plane, you will need more 2D views. 3D modeling programs such as SketchUp, SolidWorks, AlibreDesign, AutoCad, and so forth usually use six, 2D views to represent a solid.

I suggest that you download SketchUp (it's free) and practice to get a feel for what you want to do. Simply put, you can't do it with just two images.

John

Two, 2D images will allow perspective and the sense of a 3D object. If you want an actual 3D model, that is, something you can rotate 360° in each plane, you will need more 2D views. 3D modeling programs such as SketchUp, SolidWorks, AlibreDesign, AutoCad, and so forth usually use six, 2D views to represent a solid.

I suggest that you download SketchUp (it's free) and practice to get a feel for what you want to do. Simply put, you can't do it with just two images.

John

Hmm, I will change it to 6 photos.
But my main point is to do it with a mobile phone. Is it possible?

But my main point is to do it with a mobile phone. Is it possible?
Possible, yes. Practical, maybe not. It depends on the processing power and memory capacity of the phone, the resulting image resolution you want, and how long you are prepared to wait for rendering of the 3D image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back